OBIE Awards

2013 O.B.I.E. Awards

3PM_0098

Click here for pictures of the 2013 O.B.I.E. Awards

The Orange Bowl Committee is excited to announce its 11th Annual Orange Bowl Impact and Excellence (O.B.I.E.) Awards presented by Florida Blue and supported by Publix Super Markets will be held Friday, May 17, 2013 at the Broward County Convention Center located in Ft. Lauderdale.

Over the years, the Orange Bowl Committee has been able to give millions of dollars back to the South Florida Community through its economic impact, support of events, organizations and causes along with its support of intercollegiate athletics and higher education.  This event is one of many ways we are able to continue to give back and support the South Florida Community.

Last year, through this event, we were able to provide $100,000 in donations to three (3) worthy organizations and $15,000 in scholarships to deserving high school seniors.

We presented former All-Pro Miami Dolphins defensive end, Jason Taylor, the Orange Bowl Keith Tribble Impact Award. An award presented annually to a groundbreaker that has helped open doors, inspires others  by their actions, sees beyond the obstacles put before them and who has made a significant impact in the South Florida community.

The OBC also presented the following O.B.I.E. Awards which celebrate a commitment to the community, amateur sports and displays or courage;. Orange Bowl Community Service Excellence Award,100 Black Men of South Florida, Inc. , Orange Bowl Amateur Sports Leadership Award, Marcia Pinder, Head Girls Basketball Coach, Dillard High School, and Orange Bowl Jr. Courage Award David (Raul) Jimenez.

Each year the event is packed with exciting entertainment -- last year featured an amazing performance by BoyzII Men.  Make sure you are part of the excitement by purchasing your table for the 2013 O.B.I.E.s today!

3PM_0830

3PM_0082

3PM_0092

Presenting Sponsor

Florida_Blue-No_Tag_Line

Associate Sponsors

AutoNation Deloitte FPP_Logo_Color  
NCCI_Logo[CMYK-Teal]